Data Protection and GDPR
Holly Tree Surgery Fair Processing Notice for Patients
Your Information, Your Rights Under the General Data Protection Rules (GDPR)
You may be aware that the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was approved by the EU Parliament on 14 April 2016 and will be enforced from 25 May 2018 GDPR will remain part of the Laws of the United Kingdom after we leave the EU.
Fair Processing Notices or Privacy Notices explain why we collect information about you and how that information may be used to deliver your direct care and manage the local health and social care system.
The notice reflects:
- What information we collect about you;
- How and why we use that information;
- How we retain your information and keep it secure;
- Who we share your information with and why we do this.
These Notices also explains your rights in relation to consent to use your information, the right to control who can see your data and how to seek advice and support if you feel that your information has not been used appropriately.
Full copies of the Notices which may affect you and your data will be available to read either in the folder in the waiting room, or via the links below.
These rules are very much in their infancy at present and are likely to be subject to amendment.
The following Notices are currently available to view:
- Direct Care (routine care and referrals).pdf
- Direct Care (emergencies).pdf
- Care Quality Commission (CQC).pdf
- National Screening Programmes.pdf
- Summary Care Record.pdf
- NHS Digital.pdf
- Public Health.pdf
- Commissioning, Planning, Risk Stratification, Patient Identification.pdf
- The Patient Participation Group (PPG) and the Virtual Patient Participation Group (VPPG).pdf