An update from Holly Tree Surgery
We would like to thank you for your ongoing support during these difficult times.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic we have had to make changes to the way patients access their GP practice. Patients are now required to book appointments over the phone and are triaged before they receive a face to face or telephone consultation appointment. The telephone lines will be busy and we will answer the calls as quickly as we can, so please be patient with us.
We have currently introduced a temporary suspension to new patient registrations. This is to help us at a time when we are experiencing unforeseen staff shortages. We are continuing to try and recruit new members of the clinical and administrative team to improve the service we are able to provide to you. We will reassess this decision regularly and will hopefully be in a position to reinstate new registrations very soon. To find an alternative GP practice that you can register with please use this website https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/find-a-gp
We’d also like to share this advice with you about other places you could go when you are feeling unwell.
Pharmacists are qualified healthcare professionals who can offer clinical advice and over-the-counter medicines. They can help you with the following:-
- Minor aches and pains, burns and scalds, head lice
- Queries about medication dosage, type or suitability
- Medicine related to hospital discharge
- Repeat prescriptions
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, you can either go to 111.nhs.uk (for people aged 5 and over only), or call 111:
- When the situation is not life threatening
- If you think you need to go to hospital
- If you don’t know the most suitable place to go or call
- If you don’t have a GP to call or if your GP practice is closed
- If you need advice or reassurance about what to do
- For urgent help with your mental health
NHS Frimley Healthier Together website provides expert advice and support to parents and carers to help you manage a range of common childhood illnesses themselves. The site gives clear information for each symptom in a traffic system; red for the emergency department, amber for GP and green for self-care. For more information visit https://frimley-healthiertogether.nhs.uk/
Dr R Price - 16/11/2021
Warning of a scam on Patient Access
We advise users of Patient Access to check the name and email address of the sender, all emails from Patient Access will come via an email address that ends in @patientaccess.com. We advise users never to click on any log in links that you receive via email but to visit the site via the address bar of your browser instead so that you know you are on the genuine Patient Access log in page. You can find more information and guidance on our information security page here: https://www.patientaccess.com/security
We strongly advise users to set up their Memorable Word security feature, as well as using biometrics (fingerprint ID) if they use the app.
Email addresses used to register for Patient Access account are secure. We do not share any data and no data is ever saved or stored on any device you use to access Patient Access.
This service is not for urgent matters.
A response is usually returned within 2 working days of receipt of your eConsult Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Please click in the "Submit a new request" button in the box below
Covid -19 Vaccinations
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
- Covid Booster Vaccinations we will contact eligible patients once we have had confirmation of vaccine deliveries and the cohort of patients to be vaccinated.
- You must not have your Covid booster vaccination until after 6 months after your 2nd Covid vaccination dose.
- Please do not telephone reception to ask when you are going to get a Covid Vaccine. We will contact you individually as and when it is time for you to book your vaccine appointment. If you have received a letter or text inviting you to book an appointment please follow the instructions contained within it to book your vaccination.
- If you have registered a mobile number with the surgery we will be using this number to invite you for your vaccine. Please ensure we have the most up to date mobile number for you as we are currently contacting patients via text message.
- We are using an NHS approved texting service to to invite you and our practice name will appear at the bottom of the message. From the text message you will be able to choose and book your appointment time and you will get an automatic reminder of your appointment.
- Do not book your appointment for your vaccination if you have had a positive Covid test in the last 28 days.
- Our vaccination clinics will be held at Farnham Centre for Health on Hale Road - please do not call them for information about the vaccination.
- Please be aware that there are scam emails circulating. The NHS will never ask you for bank or card payment details. This vaccine is free to those registered with the NHS.
Thank you for your patience
Dr Robert Price, Holly Tree Surgery
Attending a Flu Clinic
The practice will be under significant pressure this year to provide vaccinations for more patients, but requiring additional time for social distancing and PPE/infection control measures.
Please do not attend if you have Covid symptoms or are feeling unwell, contact the surgery to reshedule your appointment.
Please consider the questions below before you attend the Practice for your flu vaccination (if “yes” please call us in advance):
- Do you have any of the following Covid symptoms: A temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss of taste or smell?
- Have you reacted to a previous flu jab?
- Are you having/recently had chemotherapy or radiotherapy?
- Are you allergic to antibiotics Gentamycin or Neomycin?
- Have you recently finished a course of steroids?
When you attend for your vaccination you should:
- Wear a face mask
- Do not attend early (or late!) for your appointment – please wait away from the building until your appointment time.
- Wear clothing that can be easily moved to expose the top of your arm for vaccination.
- Avoid touching anything whilst you are in the building. This should be for approximately 5 minutes only. If you think you may have difficulties in standing for the duration, please alert us when booking.
- Please leave immediately after your vaccination. We will not be able to deal with any other query at this time.
Thank you for your assistance in making our flu programme run as smoothly as possible.
Welcome to Holly Tree Surgery Online
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format.
It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or book/cancel an appointment.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
There is a deciated disabled parking space at the front of the surgery. If you are disabled and need assistance please ring the doorbell or telephone the surgery then someone will come out to help you. We have a wheelchair if required.
There is a disabled toilet at the surgery.
Please contact reception if you need any further assistance.
GP Surgery Times
If you are calling to speak to a Dr, please ONLY call between 8 and 10am and 2.30 and 5pm and be prepared to let the reception team know what it is concerning. The next available G.P. will then call you.